Learn more about our work:
The Boston-Haifa Learning Exchange (BHLE) is an intercultural program that builds connections between the US and Israel and allows leaders to explore new ways of thinking about social justice work in Boston and internationally.
As part of the Learning Exchange, Boston social change leaders in Boston and Haifa will connect with Israeli colleagues in Haifa to share best practices in their field. The centerpiece of BHLE is a Study Tour to Israel where participants will visit cultural, historical, political, and religious sites, such as the Old City of Jerusalem and Nazareth, followed by three days of intensive learning in Haifa. Later in the year, the Haifa leaders come to Boston for six days to further connect with this learning community. Following the exchange, participants will continue to maintain the relationships they have developed with their peers.
This year, the BHLE will focus on leaders who practice in the fields of family and mental health services, issues facing women specifically poverty and violence, and affordable housing and economic development.
The BHLE is a partnership of the Jewish Community Relations Council of Greater Boston (JCRC), University of Haifa's Department of Continuing Education in the Faculty of Social Welfare and Health Sciences, and Shatil, under the auspices of CJP's Boston - Haifa Connection.
The Boston-Haifa Leadership Exchange (BHLE) strengthens socially responsible leaders through exploration of pressing social policy issues and approaches to leadership in Greater Boston and Israel. Through the Leadership Exchange participants will:
- Share best practices in your field with local and international colleagues
- Increase leadership capacity through new connections, partnerships, and a broadened network
- Gain a deeper understanding of Israel and its complexities
- Form relationships with Israelis and Israeli organizations
Participants are expected to be at all program sessions, including:
- Two orientation sessions
- A study tour logistics session
- Participation in the Study Tour and Haifa Seminar, travel dates: January 21-31, 2014
- Four additional Boston programs upon return from Israel (exact dates to be determined)
- Participation in the Boston Seminar with the LeadHaifa cohort, May 14-19, 2014
Please contact Jim Morgan or call 617-457-8644 with questions about the Boston-Haifa Learning Exchange