Boston Haifa Learning Exchange
More on the Learning Exchange
The Boston-Haifa Learning Exchange is a partnership of organizations in both Boston and Haifa that brings together social change leaders from the two cities. Participants in the Learning Exchange enjoy opportunities to develop socially responsible leadership in a global context. The program centers on two travel seminars—one in Haifa and one in Boston—that allow participants to experience firsthand the dimensions of social justice and leadership in America and Israel.
During their trip to Israel, Boston participants will visit cultural, historical, political, and religious sites, such as the Old City of Jerusalem and the Church of Anunciation in Nazareth, followed by three days of intensive learning in Haifa. Later in the year, the Haifa leaders come to Boston to further develop this learning community. Following the exchange, participants will continue to maintain the relationships they have developed with their peers.
The Boston-Haifa Leadership Exchange (BHLE) strengthens socially responsible leaders through exploration of pressing social policy issues and approaches to leadership in Greater Boston and Israel. Through the Leadership Exchange participants will develop:
- Learn about social justice policy
- Develop leadership
- Gain a deeper understanding of Israel
- Form relationships with Israelis and Israeli organizations
The following are programs that participants are expected to be at:
- Attendance at all program sessions, including:
- Participation in the Haifa Seminar, travel dates: January 17-25, 2013
- Participation in the Boston Seminar, May 1-6, 2013
- Committment to build and maintain relationships between Boston and Haifa participants
Please contact Noga Nevel or call 617-457-8670 with questions about the Boston-Haifa Learning Exchange