JCRC’s purpose is to define and advance the values, interests and priorities of the organized Jewish community of Greater Boston in the public square.
To achieve these shared values effectively, JCRC and the Greater Boston Jewish community work toward a strong framework of community relations, articulated through building our community's connection and commitment to civil society, developing the next generation of Jewish leaders, weaving a strong network of Jewish organizations, and investing in deep ties with actors in the public square.
Overview of Position: Reporting to the Associate Director, this position provides support to her, and to members of JCRC’s Service and Israel Engagement teams.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide administrative support to the Associate Director , including responsibility for overall schedule, managing coordination of meetings (i.e. scheduling, location, food, preparation of all materials)
- Handle phone communications, sharing responsibility for answering main JCRC phone line.Assist members of the Service team with meetings; book rooms, copy materials, order food, and name badges Provide periodic backup administrative support for ED when necessary.Provide administrative support to Director, Israel Engagement coordinating JCRC’s Israel Study Tour, processing applications, arranging travel, and attending to all logistics for pre and post trip meetings.Provide administrative support to Director, Greater Boston Jewish Coalition for Literacy, registering and processing (CORI’s) for all volunteers.
- Three years administrative support that includes fast-paced office experience, nonprofit experience a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize urgent work while tracking longer term projects
- Strong team member
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy and follow through
- Knowledge of administrative and office procedures
- Familiar with Sales Force, Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Mail Merge and web-based database management).
Resumes only to: Jean Connolly, gro.n1490611461otsob1490611461crcj@1490611461yllon1490611461nocj1490611461 by March 24th.
Young Adult Social Justice Program Coordinator
Overview of Position:
Job Description: Oversee all aspects of JCRC’s young adult service learning program, ReachOut!. Build upon current programming and develop new opportunities for young adult social justice leadership and engagement through the expansion of service learning programming and the creation of other vehicles for service. Think creatively about how to expand the offerings, reach new people, and diversify the audience.
ReachOut!: JCRC's young adult service learning program provides the opportunity for professionals in their 20s and 30s to volunteer across Greater Boston and to build community through shared learning and Jewish experiences.
Reports to: Director of Service Initiatives
Responsibilities will include:
- Work in close collaboration with the ReachOut! steering committee, oversee all aspects of expansion for ReachOut! including service learning component, volunteer site selection and quality control, leadership development, community building, program evaluation, social media, and communication
- Plan and execute program events (i.e. Shabbat dinners for volunteers, recruitment events, volunteer days)
- Identify and develop new leaders, both for ReachOut! and other JCRC initiatives
- Develop and maintain strong collegial relationships with leaders and institutions through young adult Jewish community and create opportunities for collaborative planning and programming
- Collaborate effectively with nonprofits across Great Boston to find meaningful volunteer opportunities
- Work closely with Combined Jewish Philanthropies (CJP) to implement strategic priorities of Young Adult Engagement and Volunteerism
- Actively participate in JCRC’s service program team
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for candidates with a passion for social justice and ability to identify, develop, and work collaboratively with young adult leaders. The ideal candidate will have a strong connection to the Jewish community, experience in community service and background in working with diverse populations.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience, post college
- Passion for social justice
- Proven track record of developing young leaders
- Experience working with young adults
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills
- Strong social media skills
- Dependable and energetic team player
- Strong Jewish background preferred
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Collaborative style
- Creative thinker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Sales Force a plus
- Flexible work schedule (nights and some Sundays will be required)
- Access to car preferred
Please send a resume and cover letter to Jean Connolly, .gro.1490611461notso1490611461bcrcj1490611461@yllo1490611461nnocj1490611461