JCRC’s purpose is to define and advance the values, interests and priorities of the organized Jewish community of Greater Boston in the public square.
To achieve these shared values effectively, JCRC and the Greater Boston Jewish community work toward a strong framework of community relations, articulated through building our community's connection and commitment to civil society, developing the next generation of Jewish leaders, weaving a strong network of Jewish organizations, and investing in deep ties with actors in the public square.
JCRC Communications Assistant
Overview of position
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Communications Assistant will support the Development, Communications, and Events team as JCRC continues to grow its development and communications capabilities.
- Manage departmental assignments from inception to completion.
- Draft and edit content for a variety of purposes (e.g. social media posts, flyer text, impact stories for eblasts, etc.).
- Manage email communications to JCRC email list via mail server (currently MailChimp).
- Manage online platforms including JCRC’s website, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts to further JCRC’s online presence and messaging as part of overarching social media strategy.
- Regularly track and report on communications metrics (i.e. email open and click rates, social media activity, JCRC in the media, etc).
- Liaise with designer, printers, photographer, and other vendors as needed for various projects. Track price quotes and ensure they are within budget.
- Ensure conforming of all marketing materials and external communications to JCRC branding standards.
- Contribute to and support overall communications planning and communications aspects of development plan.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned by supervisor.
- BA or higher degree in marketing, public or media relations, communications, or related field.
- Proven work experience in marketing, communications, or similar.
- Strong organizational, planning, and writing/editing skills necessary.
- Proficient in MS Office; familiarity with content management systems (i.e. WordPress) is a plus.
- Understanding of media relations and digital media strategies.
- Ability to take initiative, set priorities, and to work independently and as a team player.
- Positive energy and open outlook, and a passion for JCRC’s mission.
- Knowledge of and experience in the organized Jewish community a plus.
- Must be flexible to work some evenings and some Sundays during the year.
- Submit resume and writing sample to Tasha Lipsky at gro.n1516269699otsob1516269699crcj@1516269699ykspi1516269699lt1516269699. No phone calls please.