JCRC’s purpose is to define and advance the values, interests and priorities of the organized Jewish community of Greater Boston in the public square.
To achieve these shared values effectively, JCRC and the Greater Boston Jewish community work toward a strong framework of community relations, articulated through building our community's connection and commitment to civil society, developing the next generation of Jewish leaders, weaving a strong network of Jewish organizations, and investing in deep ties with actors in the public square.
Program Coordinator, TELEM [Teen Service Learning Program]
TELEM: Jewish Teens Making a Difference Together, builds partnerships with Greater Boston area Jewish schools, youth organizations and non-profits to provide meaningful service-learning experiences for Jewish youth ages 11-18. By engaging groups of Jewish youth in meaningful service, TELEM strives to help participants build a strong Jewish identity rooted in social justice and a commitment to service.
Overview of Position: Reporting to the TELEM Director, the TELEM Coordinator works collaboratively with the TELEM Director to implement all aspects of the TELEM teen service-learning program.
Responsibilities will include:
Participate in the development of new TELEM models and programs to increase the breadth and variety of TELEM service-learning program options.
- Assist in the development of new TELEM partnerships by:
- Providing outreach and education about TELEM to potential Jewish Partner Organizations and groups (JPO’s)
- Recruiting and vetting potential service partners for TELEM engagement (Service Site Partners or SSP’s)
- Enhance current TELEM partnerships by building strong relationships with key personnel at JPOs and SSPs and providing guidance, resources and troubleshooting as needed
- Contribute to TELEM communications by identifying and developing compelling service stories, creating content for and managing TELEM’s promotional materials and social media presence.
- Manage administrative and database aspects of TELEM
- Develop training opportunities for Jewish educators and staff
- Participate in fundraising and donor-related activities as necessary:
- Actively participate in JCRC’s service program team and in JCRC wide-events.
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for candidates with a passion for social justice and volunteerism and the ability to work collaboratively with Jewish education professionals. The ideal candidate will have a strong connection to the Jewish community and experience in volunteerism.
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience post-college. Passion for social justice
- Experience working with teens
- Strong social media skills
- Dependable and energetic team player
- Strong Jewish background preferred
- Collaborative style
- Creative thinker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Flexible schedule; some night and Sunday work is required
- Experience with Sales Force database a plus
- Access to a car necessary
Please send a resume and cover letter to Carol Pennini at gro.n1500590719otsob1500590719crcj@1500590719ininn1500590719epc1500590719