JCRC Development Associate
Established in 1944, JCRC’s purpose is to define and advance the values, interests, and priorities of the organized Jewish community of Greater Boston in the public square. To achieve these shared values effectively, JCRC and the Greater Boston Jewish community work toward a strong framework of community relations, articulated through building our community’s connection and commitment to civil society, developing the next generation of Jewish leaders, weaving a strong network of Jewish organizations, and investing in deep ties with actors in the public square.
Overview of position
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer (CDO), the Development Associate will support development efforts as JCRC continues to expand and strengthen its development capabilities.
- Assist with directly soliciting gifts from prospects and current donors for fundraising campaigns and events. Provide input for strategies to encourage new and increased contributions.
- Support development efforts through generating lists of prospective and current donors, tracking solicitations, creating reports, and carrying out other related tasks as needed.
- Assist the CDO in identifying and researching new grant opportunities and conducting prospect research on foundations, corporations, government agencies, and individuals.
- Compile required information for foundation/corporation proposals and reports, which may include coordinating with finance and program staff to collect budgets, program reports, etc. Track foundation deadlines and ensure compliance with foundation requirements.
- Assist in creating, planning, implementing, and staffing of events, campaigns and/or special projects in support of fundraising priorities.
- Assist the Governance committee chair to plan, implement, and staff all committee meetings, and to ensure the committee’s annual work plan is executed timely. Track recommendations to Governance committee chair for potential board members and provide input as appropriate.
- BA required.
- 1-3 years’ work experience in administrative and/or development areas.
- Superior organizational, planning, and writing/editing skills necessary.
- Ability to take initiative, set priorities, work independently, be a team player, and communicate an organization’s vision, values, and strategies clearly.
- Interest in fundraising.
- Positive energy and open outlook, and a passion for JCRC’s mission.
- Proficient in MS Office, knowledge of Salesforce and/or iWave preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience in the organized Jewish community a plus.
- Flexibility to work some evenings and some Sundays during the year.
- Submit resume and writing sample of a grant proposal to Carol Pennini at . No phone calls, please.