JCRC Development ManagerAbout JCRC
Established in 1944, JCRC’s purpose is to define and advance the values, interests, and priorities of the organized Jewish community of Greater Boston in the public square. To achieve these shared values effectively, JCRC and the Greater Boston Jewish community work toward a strong framework of community relations, articulated through building our community’s connection and commitment to civil society, developing the next generation of Jewish leaders, weaving a strong network of Jewish organizations, and investing in deep ties with actors in the public square. Overview of position
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer (CDO), the Development Manager will support development efforts as JCRC continues to expand its development capabilities.
- In consultation with the CDO, identify and research new grant opportunities and conduct prospect research on foundations, corporations, government agencies, and individuals.
- Build a strategic approach to current corporate and foundation relationships, along with prospects, to increase and maximize funding.
- Prepare necessary materials for foundation approach, including letters of inquiry and formal foundation proposals and grants. Coordinate with finance department and program staff to prepare budgets for grant submissions, quarterly/close-out reports, and board documents.
- Track, manage, and meet foundation deadlines, assure compliance with foundation requirements.
- Manage all stewardship and cultivation activities following receipt of gift.
- Demonstrate ability to build internal and external relationships that advance corporate and foundation relations agenda.
- Build relationships with JCRC program staff to understand their work, engage them in development efforts, and strategize with them about funding opportunities and ways to promote their programs’ achievements.
- Assist with directly soliciting and closing gifts from prospects and current donors for annual grassroots fundraising campaigns.
- Support CDO in creating individual solicitation and stewardship plans for major donors.
- Supervise the Program Assistant for Government Affairs & Development in conjunction with the Director for Government Affairs.
- Assist in creating, planning, implementing, and staffing of events and/or special projects in support of fundraising priorities, most importantly relating to sponsorship cultivation and solicitation and pre-/post-event follow up.
- Work closely with the Governance committee chair to plan, implement, and staff all committee meetings, and to ensure the committee’s annual work plan is executed timely.
- Track recommendations to Governance committee chair for potential board members and provide input as appropriate.
- Assist with lay leadership development programming and opportunities as appropriate.
- BA or higher degree required.
- 5+ years’ work experience in development related field, with an emphasis on grant writing, donor relations, and/or prospect research.
- Superior organizational, planning, and writing/editing skills necessary.
- Demonstrated success as a collaborative and effective team player with the ability to communicate an organization’s vision, values, and strategies.
- Ability to take initiative, set priorities, work both independently and with a team.
- Positive energy and open outlook, and a passion for JCRC’s mission.
- Proficient in MS Office, knowledge of Salesforce and Grants Watch preferred, knowledge of iWave a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience in the organized Jewish community a plus.
- Flexibility to work some evenings and some Sundays during the year.
Submit resume and writing sample of a grant proposal to Carol Pennini at . No phone calls, please.