ENGAGEMENT AND PROGRAM COORDINATOR, ISRAEL ENGAGEMENT: Reporting to the Director of Israel Engagement, the Engagement and Program Coordinator is responsible for the continued growth of the Israel Engagement Department through the identification and cultivation of lay leaders and volunteers to support our programming. We are shifting the Israel conversation in Boston, focusing on diverse narratives and stories of Israeli-Palestinian peacebuilding in order to provide new opportunities for engagement for Boston’s young adult community. This position is less than full time, with an average work week consisting of 10-15 hours.
- Grow JCRC’s young adult network by holding relational meetings, attending events, and increasing the volume of JCRC programming
- Regularly represent JCRC by attending young adult programming in the Boston area
- Assist in the development of JCRC Israel Engagement programming by
- Providing feedback and contributing to the refinement of existing programs
- Creating new program opportunities under the supervision of the Director
- Contribute to Israel Engagement communications by identifying topics for or authoring relevant news and opinion articles
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for well-networked candidates with a passion for Israel and an openness to new ways of thinking about Israel engagement. The ideal candidate will have a strong connection to the Jewish community and significant experience living or traveling in Israel.
- Passion for Israel and the Israel-Diaspora relationship
- Existing relationships with a variety of young adult communities, both within and outside of traditional Jewish institutions
- Experience conducting relational meetings and acting as a community organizer a plus
- Ability to engage people from different political backgrounds with civility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong social media skills
- Dependable and energetic team player, including comfort with creative thinking in a collaborative environment
- Familiarity with Jewish values and concerns, particularly as they relate to Israel and the current political climate, preferred
- Access to a car helpful but not necessary
This position will have an alternative work schedule that aligns with programming occurring throughout the community. Nights and Sunday events are to be expected, as is travel around the Greater Boston area.