JCRC is a coalition of Jewish organizations and individuals that creates relationships and works toward common civic goals within the Greater Boston Community. We are the civic affairs and advocacy arm of the organized Jewish community, with a Council of 40 member organizations from all over Greater Boston. We function at the intersection between the Jewish community and the broader community of citizens, groups and civic entities.
JCRC of Greater Boston is currently seeking a multitalented marketing and communications professional to join their Boston team as Marketing and Communications Associate on a full-time basis. This individual acts as the central focal point for all matters related to communications for the organization. The position oversees JCRC’s website, social media, email marketing, and print media to ensure effective communication to donors, lay leaders, volunteers, and other stakeholders.
Please note that this is a hybrid position, currently working in the office Tuesdays and Wednesdays and remotely Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
- Conceptualize, draft, and edit content for a variety of purposes (e.g. written appeals, blog posts, social media posts, flyer text, eblasts, etc.) from creation to completion/ strategy to execution
- Manage email communications to JCRC email lists via marketing platform (currently iContact), including weekly events or fundraising emails and Friday messages
- Help draft, edit, and distribute JCRC’s weekly written blog for email and social media
- Segment lists for targeted communications strategy
- Manage online platforms including JCRC’s website, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Linked-In accounts to further JCRC’s online presence and messaging as part of overarching social media strategy
- Regularly track and report on communications metrics (i.e. email open and click rates, social media activity, web page views in Google Analytics, JCRC in the media, etc.)
- Liaise with designers, printers, photographers, and other vendors as needed for various projects; track price quotes and ensure they are within budget
- Collaborate with entire staff to understand JCRC’s work, communications needs, and to tell JCRC’s story in a compelling manner. Prepares staff for media appearances and interviews
- Conceptualize messaging, design, and production calendar for mailings, appeals, impact report & events
- Support the COO in the preparation of donor impact reports and stewardship materials
- Work with COO on Development Committee
- Database Admin – Manage the department’s reporting needs, including weekly, monthly, and yearly reports and custom Salesforce reports
- Coordinate and manage all development mailings.
- Graphics and Video editing
- Other duties and/or responsibilities as assigned within general scope as described
- At least two years of professional marketing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, public relations, or communications preferred but not required
- Experience in a non-profit or other related setting a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with iContact, Salesforce, Canva and social media marketing platforms strongly preferred; experience with related marketing platforms acceptable as a substitute
- Basic knowledge of website design and/or HTML code preferred
- Clear and effective communication skills through writing and speaking
- Organizational and planning skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Creative and analytical thinking
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently
- Possesses knowledge of effective marketing strategies
Jewish Community Relations Council of Greater Boston provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.