ReachOut! Opportunities – Summer Cycle 2018
Welcome to Summer Cycle 2018! ReachOut! volunteers continue to provide meaningful service throughout Greater Boston while meeting other young adults who are passionate about volunteerism. This summer, we are offering three different ways to volunteer: weekly volunteering, drop-in opportunities, and one-off events.
ReachOut! Summer Cycle 2018 Volunteer Sites:
Participants sign up to volunteer at one of these sites on a weekly basis throughout our summer cycle. Get to know your fellow volunteers and the clients at your site throughout the cycle.
• Senior Connections at The Golda Meir House, Newton on Mondays
• Hunger and Homelessness at The Paulist Center, Downtown Boston on Wednesdays
• Senior Connections at Hebrew Senior Life, 100 Centre Street, Brookline on Wednesdays
Traveling this summer? Don’t worry, you can still volunteer with ReachOut! This cycle we are offering a new drop-in volunteer option to allow you to have a bit more flexibility with your volunteering. There will be volunteer spots saved at three of our sites throughout the cycle for drop-in volunteers. If you choose this option, you will be sent a link to register for individual volunteer nights at The Golda Meir House, The Paulist Center, Tuesday Meals at First Parish, and Hebrew SeniorLife. Sign up for as many as you like, but please note: these spots will fill up on a first-come-first-served basis.
One-off Volunteer Events
Looking for more ways to volunteer? We have three one-off volunteer events happening this summer!
Charles River Cleanup will take place on Sunday, July 15th from 9:00am-12:00pm at 2 Forest Grove Road in Waltham, MA. Volunteers will be helping to remove water chestnuts, an invasive species, from the Charles River.
Emerald Necklace will take place on Tuesday, July 31st and Tuesday, August 14th from 5:30pm-7:30pm in the Rose Garden at 77 Park Drive. Volunteers will be helping to clean up and maintain the garden.
If you would like more information on ReachOut!, contact Shoshana Edelson, Young Adult Social Justice Coordinator.
Important Dates for Spring 2018:
- Ice Cream Info Nights: Learn more about ReachOut! and meet some of our volunteers before signing up for the cycle:
- Wednesday, June 13th at 6:30pm at JP Licks in Coolidge Corner
- Thursday, June 14th at 6:30pm at JP Licks in Harvard Square
- Friday, June 15th at 12:00pm at the Cookie Monstah food truck in Boston Common (by the Park Street T stop)
- Cycle Starts: Week of June 25th
- Social at Shakespeare in the Park: July 26th
- Shabbat Dinner: August 3rd
- Cycle Ends: Week of August 13th