JCRC is a coalition of Jewish organizations and individuals that creates relationships and works toward common civic goals within the Greater Boston Community. We are the civic affairs and advocacy arm of the organized Jewish community, with a Council of 40 member organizations from all over Greater Boston. We function at the intersection between the Jewish community and the broader community of citizens, groups and civic entities.
JCRC of Greater Boston is currently seeking a multitalented accounting professional to join their growing Boston team as an Accounting / Office Manager on a part time basis. This individual will support the organization’s accounting and finance functions as well as specific areas of administration and HR coordination. The role is about 70% accounting and finance and 30% divided between other responsibilities, so a strong accounting background is the most important area of expertise.
Please note that this will be a part time, benefits eligible position working 3 days per week.
- Perform budget preparation and analysis as well as accounting and financial management
- Provide compliant budget, accounting, and financial support to organization leadership
- Manage relationships with third party accounting services / vendors to ensure that high quality services are being delivered
- Ensure timely execution and recording of accounting transactions, management of accounts receivable and accounts payable including appropriate liaison with vendors, reconciliations of reports and statements, payroll reporting and reconciliation
- Prepare monthly income statements and balance sheets for senior management
- Lead preparation for and support of internal and external audit
- Manage relationships with auditors to ensure legal and contractual requirements are met
- Maintain appropriate accounting and financial management system consistent with all appropriate requirements
- Work closely with Senior Leadership and organizational staff providing strategic and tactical financial and operational recommendations
- Manage relationships with various service providers and vendors for: HR support, legal services, and IT services, among others
- Review and approve payroll and work with a third-party HR consultant to ensure regulatory compliance and a positive employee experience
- Work with benefits brokers to maintain various insurance policies, including employee health benefits, worker’s compensation, general liability, etc.
- Work with IT vendor to maintain IT and cybersecurity infrastructure for the organization
- Support other administrative functions as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business management, or other related field preferred
- At least 6-8 years of experience working in accounting and finance, with increasing responsibility for strategic and operational leadership of the function and team
- Demonstrated ability applying accounting principles and practices in a non-profit environment
- Experience with Salesforce a plus; experience managing some type of complex CRM required
- Successful collaborative problem resolution skills with a focus on balancing oversight and support
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, internet, and web interfaces, in addition to CRM experience
Jewish Community Relations Council of Greater Boston provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.