ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN:
What is the purpose of this campaign?
We are launching an annual “Fund a Need” campaign that focuses on raising funds to beneﬁt JCRC’s vital programming in our efforts to combat hate, stand with immigrants and our most vulnerable neighbors, promote peace for Israel, and engage our community in service.
What does “fund-a-need” mean?
It means that you can choose how you want your gift to help! We have varying tangible projects that need funding, and your gift will ensure that our work continues.
Will this be in addition to a fundraising gala?
No, just like our “no-show” gala last year, we are looking for people to support our work from the comfort of your own home. We will also be sharing videos and stories of how your generosity is making an impact.
EXAMPLES OF HOW YOUR GIFT CAN HELP:
$10,000 allows our synagogue organizing team to raise immigration bonds, free immigrants from detention, and to provide them with housing options upon their release.
$5,000 funds five Boston Partners for Peace events, where Jewish young adults will hear directly from Israeli and Palestinian peacebuilders.
$3,600 enables our government affairs team to meet with elected officials about the legislative priorities of the organized Jewish community, including leveraging state funding for key services such as Nonprofit Security and job training for immigrants and refugees.
$1,800 funds a service day at an area homeless shelter where volunteers will do a variety of projects in and around the facility, including: making and baking foods for shelter residents and performing minor home repairs and upgrades, as well as painting.
$1,000 enables GBJCL to supply books for an in-class library for a Boston-area partner school.
$500 prepares new docents to transmit memory and foster reflection through tours of the New England Holocaust Memorial.
$180 supports a ReachOut! Participant’s 2-hour service visit to a youth mentoring or meal service program for those in need.
Anniversary Circle: $10,000+
- Listing in Anniversary Circle level of our “Fund a Need” campaign in the 2020 Impact Report
- Recognition as Anniversary Circle level on website
Partnership Circle: $5,000
- Listing in Partnership Circle level of our “Fund a Need” campaign in the 2020 Impact Report
- Report Recognition as Partnership Circle level on website
Community Builder Circle: $3,600
- Listing in Community Builder Circle level of our “Fund a Need” campaign in the 2020 Impact Report
- Recognition as Community Builder Circle level on website
Convener Circle: $2,000
- Listing in Convener Circle level of our “Fund a Need” campaign in the 2020 Impact Report
- Recognition as Convener Circle level on website
Advocate Circle: $1,000
- Listing in Advocate Circle level of our “Fund a Need” campaign in the 2020 Impact Report
- Recognition as Advocate Circle level on website
Civic Engagement Circle: $500
- Listing in Civic Engagement Circle level of our “Fund a Need” campaign in the 2020 Impact Report
- Recognition as Civic Engagement Circle level on website
Under 500 Circle: up to $500
- Listing in Under 500 Circle level of our “Fund a Need” campaign in the 2020 Impact Report
- Recognition as Under 500 Circle level on website
Note: All donations are 100% tax deductible. To support JCRC and our “Fund a Need” campaign, visit www.jcrcboston.org/fundaneed or contact Tamar Davis, JCRC Chief Development Officer, at or 617-457-8658.