Massachusetts Community Leaders to Explore Economic Ties to Region
(BOSTON) – The Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC) of Greater Boston will continue its long history of leading Massachusetts community leaders on a study tour of Israel, providing state and local officials with an in-depth look into the political, security, and economic challenges and successes facing Israeli society.
From December 8-18, participants will travel throughout the state, learning from government officials and religious, academic, media and business leaders.
“This trip will allow Massachusetts leaders to deepen their understanding of Israel’s politics and culture and examine some of the business and economic ties that bring Israel and Massachusetts together,” said Jeremy Burton, Executive Director of JCRC of Greater Boston.
Josh Zakim, Boston City Counselor (District 8) and Chair of the Study Tour, added, “I am looking forward to developing new relationships on this trip – both with the other elected officials we are traveling with as well as folks in the business, political, and academic communities in Israel.”
Following are the participants in the 2014 Study Tour of Israel.
Josh Zakim (Trip Chair)
Boston City Councilor, District 8
JCRC Council Member
Brockton City Councilor at Large
State Representative, 32nd Middlesex
State Representative, 12th Suffolk
State Representative, 5th Norfolk
State Representative, 16th Worcester
Boston City Councilor, District 7
State Representative, 8th Suffolk
State Representative, 2nd Berkshire
Boston City Councilor, District 5
State Representative, District 24th Middlesex
State Representative, District 10th Norfolk
The Massachusetts officials will:
- Meet with government officials and other influential leaders from all sectors of Israeli society
- Visit Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Haifa, and the West Bank
- Discover the growing economic ties between Israel and Massachusetts
- Gain new perspectives on modern day Israel
- Develop a nuanced understanding of the complex political and security challenges facing Israel
- Encounter Israel’s economy, including its booming research, development, and tech sector