ReachOut! offers numerous opportunities for Jewish young adults in their 20s and 30s to get involved and make a difference in the Greater Boston community. We offer a wide selection of volunteer opportunities throughout the city with flexible commitments. Through community service participants build relationships with people across Greater Boston and build their own Jewish community with peers who share their values.
Examples of service opportunities include:
- Preparing and serving food at a meal service program
- Spending time with senior citizens
- Tutoring students who need extra academic support
- Building relationships with adults with disabilities
- Removing invasive plant species
What makes ReachOut! so special?
- Flexible volunteer options.
- Sign up as a weekly volunteer to really get to know your service site and fellow volunteers.
- Need more flexibility? Sign up as a drop-in volunteer and check out a few volunteer sites throughout the cycle. You design your own volunteer schedule.
- Special one-off events happen throughout the year, particularly during December with our Season of VolunCHEER.
- Timing and location. All our programs happen after work hours and occasionally on Sundays and almost all our events are T accessible.
- Community building. In addition to serving the community, ReachOut! participants build their own Jewish community with their fellow volunteers. Each cycle includes Shabbat dinner and social events open to all participants.
If you would like more information on ReachOut!, contact Shoshana Edelson, Manager, Young Adult Social Justice Programs.